Dear Valued Vakiano Patrons,
Embark on a journey behind the scenes as we lift the curtain on the meticulous artistry that goes into crafting each Argentinian Steak Knife Set at Vakiano. Born from a fusion of tradition, passion, and nature's finest offerings, our knives are more than culinary tools—they are masterpieces.
The blades, forged from the finest stainless steel, undergo a meticulous process ensuring precision and durability, becoming a testament to the seamless marriage of function and art. However, it's the handles that truly set our Steak Knife Sets apart. Whether hewn from deer bone, potro bone, guayubira wood, or adorned with red quebracho wood finished with alpaca caps, each handle undergoes an artisanal journey. From rough polishing to shape, fine sanding to remove streaks, and finally, buffing to produce a high-quality shine akin to glass, our handles are a testament to the dedication poured into each piece. Additionally, for those crafted from animal leather, threads are manually finely made to create beautiful patterns, adding a tactile and aesthetic layer to your dining experience. All our cutlery is meticulously finished with alpaca caps, an alloy of zinc, copper, and nickel, known as German silver or White metal. Resembling silver in appearance, it is maintained in the same way, ensuring lasting beauty.
From Nature to Table: The Aesthetics of Vakiano's Knife Handles
Vakiano takes immense pride in offering a range of exquisite handle options, each a testament to our commitment to uniqueness and quality. Our raw materials are sourced from the heart of Argentina, ensuring an authentic connection to the land:
- Deer Bone Handles: A timeless choice, exuding rustic elegance and a connection to Argentina's rich natural beauty. The deer bone, carefully selected, adds a touch of authenticity to every piece.
- Potro Bone Handles: Uniquely marbled, each handle tells a story of the earth it came from, creating a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Sourced responsibly, potro bone adds an earthy, natural touch to your dining experience.
- Guayubira Wood Handles: The warmth of this indigenous wood adds a touch of sophistication, perfect for those who appreciate the marriage of tradition and modernity. Sustainably harvested, guayubira wood brings a piece of Argentina's forests to your table.
- Red Quebracho Wood Finished with Alpaca Caps: A symphony of strength and style, this combination promises a visual and tactile feast. Red quebracho wood, responsibly procured, harmonizes with alpaca caps for a touch of luxury.
- Deer Antler Handles: Nature's artwork in your hands, these handles evoke a primal connection with the Argentinian wilderness. Ethically sourced, each antler handle is a nod to the untamed beauty of Argentina.
- Ñandú Bone Handles: A nod to the exotic, these handles capture the spirit of the ñandú, an emblem of our homeland. Sourced with care, ñandú bone adds a touch of rarity to your culinary collection.
- Sterling Silver Smooth Handles: A touch of opulence, handcrafted to perfection for those who appreciate the finer things in life. Meticulously shaped, each sterling silver handle embodies timeless elegance.
- Black Stained Guayubirá Wood Handles: Bold and mysterious, these handles make a statement in any culinary setting. Responsibly sourced, black stained guayubirá wood adds a touch of drama to your dining experience.
As Agustin Berruti, Vakiano Artisan, aptly expresses, "We only add shape and shine to what nature already offers us." Join us in celebrating the artistry behind each knife, where tradition meets modernity, and craftsmanship is a reflection of the rich Argentinian heritage ingrained in every cut.
Explore the Art. Embrace the Craft. Indulge in Uniqueness.
The Vakiano Team
“We only add shape and shine to what nature already offers us” - Agustin Berruti Vakiano Artisan